BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, September 9, 2010

"Hit" the note

Last Sunday I played a game called "Hit" the note. I did this with the Senior Primary.  First I drew large black music notes on white pieces of paper and then laminated them.  I did about 10 with a different note on each (quarter note, eight note, treble cleff sign, etc...)  I clustered them flat on the floor and had a volunteer try to hit or land one of the coins on a note.  Just like you would when you play "Tiddly-winks"   You have two flat coins or pieces of plastic like a coin and you use one to push the edge of the other and shoot it up and onto the paper in front of you.  (picts to come)... It worked great.  I would probably use a bean bag with jr. primary because of coordination requirements.

3 comments:

Marsha said...

Hello,
I just found your blog, thanks for sharing your fun ideas. I'm a new primary chorister and I so appreciate finding blogs like this that help me to have variety in music time. Thanks for sharing your creativity since I don't have much! :)

Brittney said...

I love the "Nose Ark" idea! I'm totally going to use that as soon as our program is over. I just found your blog through another primary site, and I love it! I hope you don't mind but I added you to my blog roll :)

-Brittney
afprimarysingingtime.blogspot.com

Katrina said...

Hi Radene!! I was just searching through some of the popular music blogs and found yours...I am the Primary Chorister...this is my 3rd year! I don't know if you remember me...Katrina Niepraschk...now Hecker. We went to BYU Idaho together!! My blog is heckerfamily.blogspot.com! GOOD TO SEE YOU!!!!!